Saturday, May 12, 2012

Well I don’t have much time so this will be nothing glamorous.
      My week started early–3:30 in the morning early. The jingle on my cell phone blared relentlessly and diligently like it always does. I lied in bed for another 30 minutes before fumbling my way through a sea of blankets to the edge of my bed. Tiptoeing my way across the floor I did my best to feel out for the miscellaneous objects that threatened my balance. With a flick the bathroom light was on. The electric wiring in the bathroom connects the lighting directly to our noisy ceiling fan. So not only were my eyes assaulted, but also my ears were offended by the continual drone. In the shower the water seeped into my soul for the next 20 minutes and awoke me from the numbing sleep. 
     My morning continued slowly. I wrapped myself up in a blanket as I studied; frequently I got up to find a snack or a hot beverage. It was all I could do to keep the gears in my brain turning . . . Before I knew it, the time was 9 p.m. and my long day at school was over–18 hours of work. 
     I’m now at the end of my week. I can say that all the hard work has payed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment