Saturday, May 19, 2012

So I made a friend today. He’s a slippery one and our relationship is more unhealthy than it is healthy. I say that now, but I’m still glad I have the chance to get to know him. He’s always with me but I find that if I see too much of him I become somewhat lethargic, and he can even make me bored. On the flip side, if I don’t see him for even more than a day, I’m dying for him to come back into my life. It’s a funny relationship and I’m still trying to find the balance. The best times are when I use him. I do it with the best intentions. Truthfully I have no malicious feelings. In fact, People even compliment me on how I have taken advantage of him. At the same time, I have family and other close relatives that oft times tell me that I need to stop taking advantage of my new friend. They say that if I overdo it, it becomes unhealthy. I usually respond with something like, “I have to take advantage of him and manipulate him, because manipulating my new friend is in MY best interest.”
My new friend: Time

No comments:

Post a Comment